I started Shapely Chic Sheri because I was (and still am) frustrated with the lack of options available to younger curvy women who want to develop their personal style. This blog is essentially my personal style journey, which includes outfit posts, my fashion rants and raves, and my advice on navigating a skinny world as a curvy girl.
Hopefully, this blog will encourage women of all sizes to ignore the "fashion rules", embrace their shapes, and not let the numbers on the tags of their clothing define who they are and how they feel about themselves.
Random Things About Me…
- I currently contribute to Plus Model Mag.
- I contributed to Dare Magazine online. Check out my articles here.
- I graduated from law school and passed the New York State Bar Exam on the first try.
- I love to cook and I've become pretty good at it with the help of online recipes and Pinterest.
- Finding recipes online and making them my own is one of my favorite things to do.
- My favorite kinds of food are Caribbean (Bajan and Haitian), Asian (particularly Thai) and Mexican.
- As much as I love fashion, I prefer watching the evolution of someone's personal style, which is why I am obsessed with blogs. I follow at least 30 blogs. My absolute favorite blogger is Shirley of Shirley's Wardrobe because her style is so simple and effortless.
- I am a hardcore bargain hunter. And I mean that. I rarely pay regular price for anything. I just get great pleasure out of getting something I love for a steal.
- I have a very real weakness for jackets.
- I can knit, but for some reason I cannot crochet.
- My favorite movies of all time are The Little Mermaid, Mary Poppins and The Sound of Music.
- My favorite colors are green and white.